I was sleeping very well when Teri called me at around 3:30am today and said she was contracting again. Since she had been doing that for a while, we both knew delivery was nearing. I got another phone call at around 5:45 am and another around 7:30 am. Someone should have hit me and the head with a shovel, called me stupid and told me to pack my stuff. As I was loading everything up she called me again at 8:30 am and she was already dialated to a 4. That's when I shifted into overdrive. Making calls as I drove, I made it from Balmorhea to Odessa in a little over an hour.
When I got to the parking lot my legs took over and got me up 2 flights of stairs (because I didn't want to wait on the elevator) and to Teri's room in record time. She was hurting pretty badly with the contractions until she got her epidural. By the time I arrived she was already at a 6. Shortly after the epidural she was at an 8, and before we knew it she was ready to go. Whitley Faith Self was born at 12:10 pm and Wyatt Jared Self was born at 12:12 pm, both vaginally. We were on top of the world. We don't know for sure which was which but one was 2.6 pounds and one was 2.5 pounds.
Our extreme joy was inturrupted when the neonatologist came in to visit. Our worst fears were realized when he told us she wasn't doing well at all. All along we knew her little lungs were in jeopardy but the full impact of the situation didn't hit us until now. She is now on nitric oxide, which is now the last effort to jump start her lungs. We should know late this evening if the nitric oxide works. If that doesn't work... only God knows. We ask that you continue to pray for both babies, especially Whitley. Wyatt is doing great and has his momma's nose.
Right now, we don't really know what to think. If we don't answer every call, please don't take it personal. We're on a pretty rough road. We'll have pics and more info later on. Thanks to everyone for everything.
Jared, Teri, Whitley, and Wyatt Self
December Happenings
9 years ago
8 comments:
wow.. we are continuing to pray for you guys...
we are praying for you all. Know that this hospital is in the top 10% in the nation for dealing with premature infants. How is momma doing? We are waiting anxiously for new updates. We love each of you.
Terri and Jarrad,
This is Emily's grandmother and I just wanted you all to know we are praying for Whitley and Wyatt as well as for you 2.
Betty Herman
I write this with tears streaming down my face. I know how bad yall want this and I also know how bad God wants to provide for you. His will, will be done and I've prayed for peace no matter the situation. I have been on my elbows all day (not my knees since I'm in a room with others at work) praying to God that ALL OF YOU will feel overwhelmed with love, peace, and faith. He has brought Whitley so far and she has a purpose!!!! What an impact, she has already made! I love you all dearly and am overwhelmed with excitement and tears. I can't imagine how you feel. I hope that you are cherishing these moments together althought I know they are scaring. Have faith, do not be scared, and know that God's hand is upon you all!
With Love,
Amanda
Praying, praying, praying. Just know that Whitley and Wyatt are covered in prayers right now. I can't wait to see their precious faces. I can just imagine them now. Whitley's a fighter and has been since the beginning. We love you FOUR so much. SO MUCH!
Teri and Jared....this is Kristi...Emily's mom. We are continuing to lift you ALL up in prayer...praying especially that Whitley's lungs will respond to the treatment--Em's right, she is a fighter! We're praying that Wyatt will remain strong....we're praying that you two will have strength and a peace that can come only through God! Can't wait to see pictures of those precious little ones!
this is Erin - Emily's sister. You are all four being lifted up in our prayers!
We love you guys and will continue praying that the Lord strengthens Whitley. She is a fighter!!!
Post a Comment