Well...as the title of the blog stated, we now need new pictures to be posted on the blog. Jared shaved his mustache off last night. WHAT? Yep, he decided it was time. Congratulations to Heidi Hodges. Remember when you stated at Christmas--"Just wait till those babies get here and see how long it takes for it to come off!" Well--it did! So now we need new pictures to be posted.
Okay--on to the precious babies. Sorry it has taken a few days to get a post on here. I find it hard to post when Jared is here because we are always so busy...Sorry!
Little Miss Whitley is coming down on her vent settings everyday. I can't wait for them to get her off of it. She is really giving the nurses a hard time. Last night when me and Jared visited them, the nurse was trying to put her on her tummy. She did not like this. She put her little knees up under her and begin pushing herself to the front of the isolette. I didn't know little people could move this much. She was started on formula today--3 cc's every 6 hours. Her little tummy was distended for a few days--but is getting much better. The nurses are removing air every few hours--so they seem to think it must be air from the vent. She is so pretty and we can't wait to see her precious little face in full when she gets done with the vent.
Wyatt is moving right along as well. He is doing so good with the Vapo-Therm. His O2 sats are remaining in the high 90's. We are amazed at his progress. His bloodwork came back a little funky today so he is back on the bili-light until tomorrow morning (then they will check it again). Today, I went to his isolette to get a chair. He was crying. He was not happy with something. The pacifier was sitting right there so I gave it to him to calm him down. He was happy after that. It was so cute! He has been raised slightly in his feedings--he is now at 5 cc's every 5 hours. They were able to start him on breastmilk instead of formula today as well. Big steps!!!
Well, I guess I better finally eat my dinner. Hasta!
Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt
December Happenings
9 years ago
4 comments:
Yeah to happy posts and to Jared shaving his mustache.....I have been waiting for that glorious day:) He did it just a few weeks too early though. On May 9th Brian and his neighbor Charlie are hosting a Mustache May-hem where everyone has to sport a mustache, even the girls. I'm not kidding about this party.
I am soooo happy to hear that things are moving right along, and the babies are doing better day by day. What a blessing!!!! Can't wait for the pics....LOL I think that I have just about forgot what Jared looks like with out the mustache :)
I am use to Jared without a mustache, so I think he looks different with one. Lol! Tells you how long it has been. I bet you never dreamed of how much time you would spend taking care of the babies and I am sure you love every minute of it. Don't worry if you don't have time to post. I assume, no news is good news. But. . I do enjoy reading about you all.
That is SO cute what Whitley was doing! She's a fiesty one! I'm sure Wyatt was just so happy you were there to see him!
I saw Jared without his mustache last night. He looks different, but he does look younger. We wish you could have come over last night too! Miss you!
Post a Comment