Monday, April 27, 2009

And the Fun Begins!!!

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the last blog. I am glad everybody enjoyed the pictures and videos as much as Jared and I did!

They found out yesterday that Little Miss Whitley has a urinary tract infection and a respiratory infection. They have started her on two different antibiotics to knock the infections quickly. We are praying that she begins to feel better. Yesterday was a rough day. She was just not herself. She didn't even give the nurses a hard time--and we know that is not Miss Whit!!! She looks like she is feeling much better today though. She has her color back and is beginning to give the nurses a hard time again. They had to turn her oxygen up this morning because she was a little upset with the ultrasound tech when they came to do her abdominal ultrasound. The nurse told us that she holds a grudge for a while. We both know that we have our hands full with this precious little miracle. She will want her way and most of the time get it! However, her little attitude is what has brought her this far--and for that we are thankful!!!

On to Wyatt! He is now weighing in at 3 pounds 4.8 ounces! He is getting so big. Jared came back to visit today after being gone for 5 days. He said that Wyatt now looks like a baby. He is so precious with his chubby little cheeks. Last night when I went to visit him, the nurse asked me if I would change his diaper. Of course I would! So I did...and it wasn't only wet. Most parents might dread this little surprise their little bundles of joy leave. However, I enjoy these moments. It is hard not being able to do the daily things for your child most parents would be doing. The nurses are really good about letting you help when you want. Tonight, Wyatt's nurse was getting ready to bathe him. We were able to help with that as well! The nurse let me give him a bird bath...it was too much fun! Jared held Little Wyatt up while we then changed his bedding. By the way, we do get several comments on the precious little blankets they have. Thanks to Oma--we have a home-stitched blankets for everyday for both Wyatt and Whitley.

Thanks again for the continued prayers and support. We all appreciate them greatly. Please lift up the NICU staff as well! They are truly amazing people for all they do...

Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt

3 comments:

aWk said...

That's awesome! Wyatt is growing so much; I bet Jared was surprised to see his chunky self. HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pics of the room at the house. Post pics soon!!!!! Man...I had an upper respiratory infection, last week, and it was noooooooo fun. Poor little Ms. Whitley! However, we all know that God made her extra strong. Again, thanks for keeping us so informed. I hope to see you soon and drop off these hangers!!!

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like Wyatt is going to act like Jared and Whitley is going to act like Teri....I love it. It will make for many years of family fun and a few cases of the battle of the sexes. I can't wait to see what happens as these two get older.

I'm glad to hear that Wyatt is doing so well and that Whitley is starting to feel better. I will continue praying for these precious babies and, of course, their wonderful parents. I love you guys.

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

so sweet!! hope whitley is much better today!!! so glad wyatt is getting 'chunky' :)
we are still lifting you up several times a day!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!