Monday, April 20, 2009

Sorry for the delay.

Somtimes Teri and I get caught up in the outside world, especially after staying in Odessa when we're used to Balmorhea, and forget to keep others informed as to the kid's progress. Such is the case now and Teri would like to apologize (just kidding Teri).

Our little blessings are doing great. It was last Wednesday that I saw them and it seems like 4 days makes a huge difference. Whitley is up to 10cc of milk/forumla every 3 hours. Last time I was here, the NICU staff were considering starting to feed her. It is also completely amazing how little 2 week old babies can have a personality but Little Whitley does. She cannot stand to be messed with at all, period, the end. Teri and I have even walked up to her "crib" and said hi and she'll get cranky. A bit of good news came today when I called to check on her and the nurse said she was about to extubate her. She was extubated but it didn't take long for them to figure out she wasn't quiet ready yet. However, we did get to look into her eyes a few times this evening. Words can't describe what that feeling is like but it will definately make your chest swell. Even though she is still on the vent we can see she is going to be as beautiful as her mother.

Wyatt is still chilling and charming all the female nurses. It seems like everytime we are in there and someone walks by, they tend to stop and look at him then they smile. Teri says he has my upper lip which is one trait I didn't think much about until another nurse said he looked like me too. I'll take that as a compliment. He is also eating like a horse. The staff upped him to 12cc's every 3 hours and his weight is up to 2lbs 6oz, which is actually 1 ounce heavier than when he was born.

The good Lord has continued to bless us in ways he couldn't have imagined. The continued prayers from everyone keep us going. Thanks again.

Also, thanks to Aunt Charity for the new nicknames.

Jared, Teri, Dubya A, Dubya B



P.S. Yes I do kinda miss my mustache, now I look like I'm twelve again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for good news!!! I'm glad to hear that you're back in Odessa with Teri and the babies. I love to hear how everyone is doing so keep up the updates;)

Emily said...

Awesome! It's great to hear all of the improvements!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!