So--we had our first Easter as a family and could not be happier. I was actually in B-town for the first part of day. We were able to eat a big lunch together before I headed back to Odessa. Jared drove in last night--and of course as soon as he got here--we went back up.
The babies are doing great. Wyatt has had only a couple of Apnea spells. However, he is able to bring everthing back up on his own. He is still off of the vent and doing just great. He does not like his little "Lone Ranger" mask and tends to push it up every chance he gets. This is fine with us because we are able to see his little face. He has been having a hard time the past few days keeping his body temperature within normal limits. He tends to get cold which could be due to the fact that is is now on the VapoTherm. The nurses figured out that the internal heater was not working--so once they got that figured out--his temperature was able to raise. They just can't seem to find a happy-medium. However, he is doing just great. We hope they get all these little things figured out before long so we can hold our little bundle of joy. The night nurse was suppose to weigh him last night--so we can't wait to go in and see how much he has grown.
On to Little Miss Whitley, she is doing great as well. She has a few spells of "desatting" the past few nights. The nurses were able to make a few vent changes so this would not happen. She is just precious. Everything else is going great. They were able to take off her little bandages where they inserted the chest tube. The incisions look great. I don't think you will even be able to tell she had them. She has been breathing a little fast the past few days. The doctor ordered an X-ray to see if her "pneumo" was coming back. With great relief, it is not. She just seems to be adjusting to the vent. All of her levels are looking great, so we are hoping she is able to come off in the next couple of days. We don't want to rush it though!!!
We can now take pictures of both of our precious little ones without the blue glow in the isolette. They are both of off bili-lights and are looking great. They have such great color.
Look for another post tonight. Sorry it has taken me so long this time.
Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt SELF
December Happenings
9 years ago
3 comments:
I'm so happy to hear that Wyatt is off the ventilator and Whitley is bumped down to the conventional ventilator! I just can't stand it anymore! I want to see those babies SO bad! They just get more and more precious every day. I do see a little of Jared in Wyatt. How special. I guess Whitley will look like her mommy! Love you!
just think - next year we'll all be hunting Easter eggs together...
Hey Teri and Jared. I just found your blog a couple of days ago. I am so happy to hear your babies are doing great! Thank God! They are lucky to have such caring parents as you two. I will keep yall in my prayers and congrats on the new family!
Love,
Emily, Chris, and Ben
Post a Comment