Precious Wyatt with his camo hat from The Harris's! They are so cute. I have the booties on him in this picture too...you just can't see them. The little mittens are actually preemie hats! He found out he has fingers and tries to sneak them in his precious little mouth when we aren't looking.
Little miss Whitley with her precious little hat from the Harris's! She has camo booties as well with a little bow on them. I love this little picture. You can see her cute little nose!!!
Wyatt is up to 21 cc's every 3 hours and begins his sweet little cry if he isn't fed ontime. I was able to help the nurse give him a bath last night. I love this time. She wrapped him up in a little blanket after we bathed him and handed him to me to hold while she prepared his bed. That was the sweetest time...we just looked in each other eyes!!! While giving him a bath---he was a little cold!!! So I grabbed a dry washcloth to use as a blanket. That is a story to tell him when he gets older. Yes--a washcloth served the purpose of a blanket at that moment and covered his little body. It was so sweet!!!
Little Miss Whitley is improving everyday and giving the nurses heck. Yesterday, I went into the room and she was wet. So I took it upon myself to change her little diaper. She got so mad at me! I don't think you really understand how mad she got.....she turned blue from crying and began "desatting" like crazy. The moment I left her alone, her 02 sats came up. Can you say "high maintenance"? I don't feel so bad because she just did the same thing to one of the nurses in the NICU! However, we don't mind the attitude. She has a reason to have one. I would to if I have had a tube stuck down my throat for the past month.
The doctor had not made his rounds when I left the hospital today. I am getting ready to make a check-up call in a few minutes. The nurse told me today that they might be taking her off the oscillator and putting her on the conventional vent sometime today. One big step to getting off the vent completely!!! They have been holding her feedings for the past couple of days due to a distended tummy! The doctor finally came in and said it was just gas...so they should begin her feedings again today sometime as well!!!
God Bless everyone...
Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt Self


6 comments:
I am so glad to hear that things are getting better day by day. Thank you again for these bloggs, there are so many people including us that pray for you guys every day, and it is so nice to be able to get on here and check up on you guys. Love ya and miss ya :)
They look so precious in their hats! And no, you are NOT biased! They truly are adorable!
I love the hats and I wished I could see the little booties....I love baby shoes and booties. Cute pics and good news are my favorite updates.
Just a little update for those of you who read my comments! Whitley is on the conventional vent...they changed her at 7 p.m. and I am so thankful. She looks great. I will be posting this little note in my next blog as well!!!
God is so good. Those two are working hard to get to go home - you and Jared better be getting ready; it won't be long.
Praise the Lord!! They look so cute in their camo hats and I just love their little pug noses. They are just beautiful!!
Post a Comment