Miss Whit is continuing to do awesome. They just took her off of the oscillator on Thursday evening. She went right to a conventional vent. Guess what? She is now on minimal settings on the conventional vent (only 2 days later). The doctor ordered for her to be taken off of the vent completely tomorrow morning after she has her blood gases done. Please pray that Miss Whit will be able to handle the change. We are so ready to see her precious little face and to hold her for the first time. We will definitely share pictures of this precious event!
I am getting ready for bed as I will be up early in the morning. I am heading to the NICU at 8 a.m. I am sure I will be awake often in the night just thinking of her. I know she is so ready to get that thing off. She is really beginning to fight it. It hurts to see her cry but not be able to hear her. I know this will change tomorrow as well if all goes well. We will get to hear her precious little cry for the first time.
Wyatt was a totally different baby when he finally came off the vent as well. We are praying that Miss Whit will have a change as well. We love her with all our hearts...don't get us wrong. She just seems to be a little agitated all the time. She is a fighter though and we love that character in her!!!
Mr. Wyatt is still chillin! I normally visit Wyatt first when entering the NICU. It is just so hard to walk past one precious child onto the other. I talked myself into walking right past Wyatt this morning to say HI to Miss Whit first. Believe me---it was hard walking right past him. I did sneak a peek at his monitor though to make sure everything was going okay. Me and Miss Whit had a good visit and then I went to see Mr. Wyatt. He had his eyes wide open....so bright eyed! It was the most awesome thing. He has big, beautiful eyes!!!! I can't wait for all of you to see them...they are precious!!!
Well....better let you go! I am going to try to get some rest before I visit my precious little ones in the morning.
P.S.---I would like to send a big "THANK-YOU" out to the First Baptist Church of Wolfforth. I attended a baby shower for Jared's cousin today. Every person I came in contact with told me how they have been praying for Miss Whit and Mr. Wyatt. We cannot thank you enough. That truly does mean a lot to our little family. Please keep the prayers coming...we have truly been blessed and look forward to many more blessings.
Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt Self
December Happenings
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment