Friday, May 8, 2009

5 Weeks Old Today!!!

God bless our little miracles. They are doing absolutely wonderful and we could not be happier. I am sorry if the posts I am making seem to be repetitive. However, sometimes things don't seem to change much. I will continue to keep the blog world updated every few days with our little miracles progress.

Wyatt and Whitley are almost exactly the same in weight. They don't weigh them the same though so it is hard to tell. Whitley was weighed on Wednesday night and she was 3 lbs 13.4 ounces. Wyatt was weighed last night and he was 3 lbs 13. 2 ounces. Goodness! I am beginning to see the twin trend come out in them as well. Last night, I went to visit them around 8 p.m. I went in to Whitley's room and spent about 45 minutes with her. She was doing really good so I went to visit Wyatt. During my visit with him, he desatted just enough to make his little bells go off. Immediately, Whitley's bells started ringing. This happened about 2 or 3 times while I was there. They seem to want the same attention because they know I will go running to check on them.

I was able to help the nurse give Wyatt his bath last night. He is just so sweet and squeaks everytime we move him. It is really pretty cute. He is now on full feeds which is 1 ounce every 3 hours. They will begin trying to feed him with a bottle at about 34 weeks gestation. They just turned 33 weeks gestation yesterday. I am so ready for the bottle feeding part. They do begin slow though. They will begin with bottle feeding once a day, then progress to once every shift. He will slowly work his way up to full feeds with the bottle. He is on 4 L of flow with the vapotherm. However, he is not getting any extro Oxygen. He is on room air. What a blessing.

Whitley is not far behind her brother. She is now taking 10 cc's every 3 hours. She is doing really good with her feedings as well. She is on the vapotherm and tolerating it really well. She is on 5 L of flow which is down from when they first started her on it. She started out at 6 L. She is on 31% Oxygen. She is doing really well and we are so happy that she is tolerating being off the vent. I can't wait for the two of them to be side by side in the NICU. She is not throwing her little attitude near as much. She lets us touch her, hold her, change her diaper, etc. So hopefully before long they might move her next to her brother. There is another baby there right now...so we are just waiting for the spot to come open.

Hope all is well and have a lovey Mother's Day to all you precious moms! I know that I will be enjoying mine with my two little miracles. Yeah! How awesome!

God Bless,

Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt

5 comments:

Jackie said...

What a special Mother's Day this will be for you! I am so happy for good news. God is Good All the Time! How blessed you must feel with those little ones in your life. Take Care, Jackie

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

great post!!! we never get tired of hearing that your babies are doing well....post it over and over and over and over.... :)

your first mother's day!!! have a wonderful day!!!!!!

Emily said...

Great to hear all good news! That's awesome that they are gaining and Wyatt is eating 1 oz... What a chunker! Can't wait to see more pictures! Happy Early Mother's Day!!!

granny f said...

I love hearing that the Dub's are doing great! And what a wonderful mother's day for you. Enjoy it to the fullest :):):)

Sara Reyero said...

Happy Mother's Day, Teri! You are a terrific mom already. I'm really enjoying reading about (and seeing pictures of) your little sweeties. Have a great day!

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!