
Wyatt sneaking a peek and trying smiling for the camera (I missed the actual smile!)

Miss Whitley looking beautiful.

Another pic of our sleeping beauty!

Haha! I didn't want him to fail!!! I snuggled him up good!!!

This is a view of his little face peeping out from underneath all the covers!!!
I took a much needed mini-vacation last night. I decided at the last minute to join Jared at the Oasis Ranch south of Sheffield last night. He had asked me earlier in the month to come with him to the annual kid-fish. I just didn't want to leave our two little miracles. However, at the last minute--I decided...maybe I did need to go. I made a few phone calls to inform someone of where I was in case the army came looking for me (there was no cell phone service where I was going). I left Odessa around 5 p.m. and arrived at the ranch at 7:30. Jared was so glad to see me and it was a very nice visit with a few game wardens and their wives. Thanks to everyone for the fun time. I needed that! I was able to take two hot showers (ahhh....much needed) before I loaded up my things to head back to see the babies this morning.
Upon entering the NICU, I was greeted by Wyatt's nurse. She informed me that Wyatt was now going to be taking his bottle every 3rd feeding. A bump up from twice a day...YEA!!! I simply asked "No orders about dressing him???" She went to ask the nurse pracitioner who said yes we could. Another huge step....
We dressed him in a little outfit, unhooked the heater, bundled him in 3 hospital blankets, and then his camo blanket over the top. I even put a little hat on his tiny little head to hold in heat. Every nurse came by to see our cute Mr. Wyatt. They were amazed at the progress he was making. The nurse took his temperature about 45 minutes later. He was 97.6! He had to maintain a temp of 97.7 to pass....So we swaddled him up like a little snuggle bunny and took it a few minutes later...97.8....then 98.2! He passed!!!! Yea!!!! I fed him by bottle at 2 pm and he took it all like a pro! I will be feeding him again at 11 p.m. by bottle!
Miss Whitley is beautiful as ever. She is so not far behind her brother. She is literally on his heels. She is down to 3L of flow on the vapotherm and at 23% oxygen. Can I get an AMEN!!! She is now taking 35 cc's of formula (still through the OG tube) and tolerating it all. She isn't even having any residual!!! Praise the Lord! She will be bottle feeding once we can get her down to 2L....just a few more days!!!
I am heading back to B-town tomorrow morning to pick up Jared. We will be heading straight back to Odessa to visit the babies....I am so excited he will be here with me. Lots of trips to the hospital to feed our little miracles. Pray that Miss Whit will be ready so we can feed her together. How amazing would that be!!!
God Bless to all and thanks for the continued prayers and support!
Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt
6 comments:
Yes, you can get an AMEN! In fact, you can get 2 - one blue and one pink. Can't wait to see all of you next weekend.
I second granny's AMEN and I guess third it since there are two babies! PTL PTL PTL! I'm waiting for that 1st family picture of all of you together. What another wonderful and glorious sight that will be! Glad you had some time to take a much needed break.
They have both grown SO much and are just precious.
Amen, sister! So glad to hear the babies are doing so well! We still pray for and think of you often.
I'm so thankful that Wyatt is doing so well! He's so precious peeking out of his hat. And Whitley IS so beautiful! That's great that she is just behind Wyatt. Sooner than you know it, you'll have your babies home with you! Love you (and the babies)!
What great news!!! They are just beautiful!
Post a Comment