Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day



What a great day! This morning, me an my mother enjoyed breakfast together at IHOP. I then went to visit the babies in the NICu and found this special surprise. One of the nurses put a little bow on Whitley's hat as my Mother's Day gift. It was so sweet. I am sure she would have loved to do the same thing to Wyatt, however, dad might not have enjoyed that too much.

Upon returning to the camper after visiting the babies, I had the sweetest card waiting on me. Miss Whitley and Mr. Wyatt had their hand stamped into the card. Too cute!!!

Me and my mother went shopping together this Mother's Day. Not for us of course. I had the best time picking out the most adoreable outfits for Whitley and Wyatt. It was so much fun...so much better that shopping for yourself.

Good news did come from the NICU today. The babies are doing great. Whitley is on 5.5 L of flow and Wyatt is on 3.5 L of flow. As soon as they can get down to 2 L of flow (hopefully this week sometime) we will begin bottle feeding them. They will be 34 weeks gestation this week. We should begin to dress them shortly as well!

I was able to help both of the night nurses give Whitley and Wyatt a bath tonight. It was too much fun. I just love when I can wrap them up in a blanket right after their bath and hold them while the nurse changes their bed. I love this time. They both looked me right in the eye tonight and we had a great visit.

Drum roll please..........................................................................!!!

Whitley weighed in at 4 pounds 0.7 ounces. Wyatt was not too far ahead at 4 pounds 1.8 ounces. Is this not amazing. My little porkers will be home before we know it if they continue to do this well! Please continue to pray!!!

As stated a couple of blogs ago...the twin trend has already started. The nurse told me yesterday that they are measuring the same in the tummy, their blood sugars are the same, and now their weights. That is pretty cool!

Well, I had better get some rest. Me and my mom are headed back to B-town tomorrow to clean the house and wash some clothes. I need to get a few outfits for Whitley and Wyatt in hopes that we will get to use them shortly.

God Bless and thanks so much to everyone who texted, called, or sent a letter for my first Mother's Day! It was such a special time.

TERI, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt



9 comments:

hollylindley said...

Well, it sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. God is AWESOME! You're right...they will get to go home soon.

Anonymous said...

Too Sweet, I love all fo the baby pics. They are getting so big. It looks like you had a good mother's day.

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

awesome!!!

The Clark's said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Give the little ones a hug and kiss for us!

Unknown said...

The babies are so precious-
Yall have been in our prayers
Tres, Jody and Mayle

Emily said...

What a sweet First Mother's Day! I can't wait to see all their little clothes- I'm sure they are precious!

aWk said...

YAY! I know you had a wonderful Mother's Day! What a blessing to be a mom! I can't wait to see those babies in some clothes so they can begin to express themselves through fashion...haha!

granny f said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
granny f said...

Love the bow! You guys have the best nurses ever. Can't wait to see our little 'dubs' again.

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!