I am SOOOOOO sorry that it has taken me forever to write this blog. It seems like I have been beginning several of my blogs like this lately. I knew that life with twins was going to be hectic. However, I didn't know it would get this hectic this quick! Haha....
I want to thank everyone who was a part of each of my showers. The wonderful staff and friends of Balmorhea ISD through me a baby shower in Balmorhea last Wednesday. We received lots of fun stuff. It was lots of fun opening all the gifts but even more fun putting them all away. Thank you all so much! I cannot express how much your kindness has meant to me.
This past Saturday, the Game Warden wives from Jared's district threw me a shower in Midland. They decided it would be easier to do it there that way I wouldn't have to be away from the babies for such a long time. What a blessing it was. It was a very fun day and everyone who attended had a blast. Thank so much to my "chicks" for putting this wonderful shower together. Wyatt now has a bed to sleep in while living in the trailer with us.
On to the wonderful babies...
They are doing absolutely amazing. We have been so blessed throughout this journey. As you can probably tell from the pictures....they are both getting so big. Miss Whitley weighs 4 pounds 7.4 ounces as of the last weighing about 4 days ago. Wyatt is up to 4 pound 12 ounces as of last night. I am amazed to look back at pics of where they were about 7 weeks ago.
Miss Whitley has been started back on feeds and is doing very well. Poor baby....she has been stuck so many time in the past week just trying to look for a site. She had a PIC line from the time she was born. However, about a week ago--it went bad. So they started another PIC line in her little leg. It lasted for about 2 days before it went bad. She had about 5 different IV sites that am aware of that lasted for about 1 day each. Finally, yesterday they were able to start another PIC line and we are praying this stays good for a while. The reason the IV sites are not staying good very long is being of all the stuff she is on. She is getting TPN through the IV which is pretty thick. The antibiotics don't help things along either.
On to good news about Miss Whit. She is off the antibiotics. They have significantly decreased her TPN since she is tolerating her feedings. She is up to 23 cc's of formula every 3 hours and her little belly doesn't seem to be distended. She is down to 4.5 L of flow of the vapotherm. She is growing so much. I think she is bigger than Wyatt even though he does weigh more.
Wyatt is still in the Feeder and Growers Room. He is doing great himself. He is now taking every feeding by the bottle and doing great. He has to have at least 37 cc's every feeding, however, he can nipple as much as he wants. Sometimes he likes a little more and sometimes we can hardly get the 37 cc's down him. He is still maintianing his temperature like a pro and looks so cute dressed in his little clothes. I can't wait until I can dress him without any wires hanging from him. He is having a "Pneumogram" done today. This is a 24-hour test they do on him before he goes home to test several different things. They started it around 10:45 this morning and should be done tomorrow morning around that time. We should be "rooming" in with him tomorrow night. This is something the NICU does as a courtesy for parents before taking the babies home. It gives the parents time to adjust and ask any questions they may have. He will be placed on an apnea monitor tomorrow. He is still on Vancomycin which should be DC'd on Wednesday. If all continues to go well...We should have Wyatt home with us on Wednesday. We will be sure to take lots of pics.
We will continue to stay in the the trailer with him so we will still be able to visit Miss Whit. I am hoping and praying she won't be that far behind her brother. Me and Jared both seem to agree that once she starts "nippling" the bottle...she should fly right on out of the NICU pretty quickly. We are praying that she continues to progress as well as she has so far.
We are truly blessed and could not ask for more. Thanks to all who have made this such a special time. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt
6 comments:
we had a blast at the baby shower. It was great to see you. I'm so excited that Wyatt is going to come home soon. Holding him for the first time without cords will be amazing. We are praying Miss Whit is close behind.
Great news! Looking forward to the next update!
Yeah!!! Sounds like you received lots of goodies. Glad to hear that the babies are doing well:)
We'll be praying that all goes well with Wyatt coming home! I'm sure Whitley's not far behind, just on her own time of course! It was SO nice to see you on Saturday! Can't wait to see you again!!!
LOVE the pics!!!!!!!! I was so excited to talk to you on Saturday and hear about the possibility of Wyatt coming home, to the trailer...ha, on Wednesday...it's looking very promising. I am so excited for you guys! You crack me up with his first thought about his home being a trailer...just don't tell him!!!! Isn't it great that we can sit here and laugh...do you remember when this all begain. I KNOW YOU DO...& so do I. I am so beyond grateful to God for all that he has done in your family's life. What a miracle. You and Jared have been blessed and because of this you have blessed others. You are a living testimony. God Bless All 4 of you!!!!!!!!!! <3
I'm sorry I missed the Balmorhea ISD shower. David came to work the day after and received the invite at work! Oh well, I am glad to hear and see that you had fun and hope to see you guys soon.
the Dotters.
Post a Comment