Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another Big Day!!!


Me holding Miss Whitley! She is so content...


Hey you!!! What looks different about me?

Well if you said he has no nasal cannula--you are correct! Mr. Wyatt was taken off of the vapotherm completely this morning. I went in to visit around 10:15 a.m. (a little late start since I went up at 5 a.m. to feed him). His respiratory therapist came to give him his treatment. She saw that he was satting really good so she then went to visit with the nurse practitioner. She returned a few minutes later and stripped him of his respirator devices. This was so great to see. He has been doing well all day. Another big step forward.

Miss Whitley was lowered to 3.5 on the Liters of flow. She is doing absolutely amazing as well. She is now up t0 28 cc's of milk every 3 hours. Just a tadbit shy of 1 ounce. She is down on her oxygen to 28% and satting in the high 90's to 100. She has come a long way. She sees what her little brother is doing and insists not to be too far behind him. She is making some huge leaps in her efforts to keep up (and it seems to be working).

I was able to hold Miss Whitley for about 30 minutes today before the nurse started her 5 p.m. feeding. This was the sweetest time. We looked into each others eyes. I sang a little song to her...I think she enjoyed it. I then put her down so the nurse could begin her 5 p.m. feeding. I went to visit Wyatt. The nurse asked me if I wanted to hold him while he was getting his feeding. OF COURSE!!! So I did! He fell asleep in my arms so I was just admiring his little face. Then all of a sudden you heard a big cry from a little girl...she was jealous. The nurse tended to her for a minute--she didn't want this. So I laid Wyatt peacefully in his bed to rest and went to visit Miss Whit again. She was so sweet. I talked to her for a moment, looked into her precious eyes, rubbed her little head, and she was fine. She began satting 100 again and life was good.

I can already see that I am going to have my hands full when I am able to take these two precious miracles home. However, I would not have it any other way...they are absolutely adoreable and I can't wait for the rest of you to meet them.

I am going back to the NICU at 8 to feed Wyatt again. He is taking his bottle like a pro. They told us that the first few times we might have to finish his feedings through the OG tube. They give the baby 30 minutes to take his bottle and whatever isn't finished in that time, they give through the tube. Wyatt has finished the past 3 bottles I have given him with no problem whatsoever.

Till next time,

Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Awesome Report! I love hearing the good news and seeing how much more they have grown in every picture!

Crystal said...

I hope you have the nursery ready. With no nasal canual and Whitley not far behind, those babies are going to be home before you can blink! I'm so excited for you all. I love the picture of Wyatt, he is so handsome.

hollylindley said...

Wyatt is so cute!! I'm so glad that they are both moving forward. I can't wait to see Whitley's precious face.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for good updates. Wyatt looks so cute now that you can see his little face:)

aWk said...

I love these pics!!!! Wyatt is growing and you can really tell it! I love his little face...SKIN & no tubes...HORRAY!!!!! Whitley is just adorable and I can't wait to see her without tubes, as well! They seem to be making a lot of progress...fast! Isn't God good?!?!? Love you guys!!!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!