Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy ONE WEEK Birthday!!!


I promise to tell this story in this blog!!!


Our precious little Whitley with her easter clothes on (thanks Uncle Randy and Aunt Missy)!



Do I look different to you?



Little Miss Whitley's tiny feet!
We have been blessed with so much today! Whitley Faith and Wyatt Jared are now one week old..can you believe it?
Now that you have enjoyed a few pictures of precious little ones...I will go on to blog about today's progress.
Did you see anything different when looking at our little man's picture up above? He is off of the ventilator. This is such a blessing. His O2 sats are remaining high too. The nurse told us that he might get tired in a couple of days and need to be put back on it. We are praying that he continues to do as well as he has been. He is completely off his antibiotics as well as the bili light. He is just so cute. You can see his precious little face--and he is looking more like his daddy everyday. Does anyone agree with me on this? He can't seem to figure out what is different. He moves his little mouth and works his tongue so much now that the vent is gone. It is precious.
On to Miss Whitley. They were able to decrease her vent rate as well. She amazes us and the nurses everyday. She has completely turned around. I had the little hat, mittens, and socks in her drawer. The nurse saw them today and put them on her. I just happened to take this great picture while the isolette top was raised and she was off of the bili light. It is so cute...
Okay--so what about the flowers at the top? The little bootie that they are in is what my dad gave my mom 28 years ago when Iwas born. He had three blue carnations (one for each brother) and one pink (for me). My mom has kept up with it through all the years and all the moves. She gave it to me today with a pink carnation for Whitley and a blue for Wyatt. I went with her to the flower shop to pick it up. When they brought it out...I was like "Hey, mom has a vase like that." What an amazing gift!!!
Thanks again for all the prayers. We are so blessed. Please continue to follow along and keep lifting our little angels up in prayer.
Sincerely,
TERI, JARED, WHITLEY, and WYATT

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for His constant watch and hand on Wyatt and Whitley. I'm so glad to hear that Whitley is doing so well, she is so strong and such a trooper, Wyatt might need to watch out for her later in life because she might pen him in a wrestling match. Wyatt looks adorable without the tube in his mouth, I got goosebumps and tears in my eyes looking at the picture. As for the both of you, your strength and faith are so amazing to me and my prayer is that through the ups and sometimes downs of NICU that you continue focus on the Lord and know that He is always in control. I love you both.

Heidi

granny f said...

Ohhhhh....so sweet. Thank you for putting the pictures up so quickly. Uhh - yes, I'll agree that Wyatt does look a bit like his daddy, and I can guarantee you that he's acting like him, too. And Miss Whitley looks beautiful in her Easter outfit. Her little toes are just begging to have their nails painted - but I guess that'll wait a while.
God is so faithful, and we are so blessed.
Love you guys - and give the kids a squeeze for us.

Stephanie Harbin said...

I woke up this am and realized I hadn't checked on the babies yesterday! So I had to run to the computer and see how things were going. I am so glad Wyatt is off the vent. Whitley looks so cute in her pink hat. I look so forward to see how God is blessing you. Thank you for keeping us all informed with your blog.

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!