Tuesday, April 7, 2009

NICU--Day Number 4


Wyatt's Precious Feet


Wyatt holding Daddy's wedding band.



Little Miss Whitley with her precious pink bow.

Here are the pictures we promised. A special thank you to my wonderful sister-in-law Wendi for letting us use her nice digital SLR camera to take these great pictures.

Now, Day 4 NICU update. Both babies are doing great and trucking right along. They seem to making improvements everyday (which always puts a smile on our face and an occasional tear in our eye).

Wyatt had an echocardiogram done this morning on his little heart. Good news--the PDA seems to be getting smaller. The nurse wanted to make it clear that this does not mean he might not still need surgery to clear it up completely. However, we take it as totally a "God thing" because this is what we have been praying for. He is still the little "squirmer". He likes to give the nurses a hard time. He seems to be doing a pretty good job at it. He likes to be swaddled and have his diaper changed about 30 to 45 minutes. The night nurse has told us that he doesn't cooperate too well when he is wet. She also told us that he is going to be out little "snuggle" baby. That is totally fine with me.

Little Miss Whitley is trooping right along as well. She was weened down to a 1 on the nitric oxide today and by tonight at midnight--they hope to have her off of that. She was weened down a little on the vent as well. She had an echocardiogram done this morning and as of right now--all seems to be well with her little heart (BIG to us). Her head ultrasounds continue to look great as well. She is definitely our little miracle baby and continues to bless us with her improvement everyday.

Me and Jared have made the travel trailer our home for the next couple of months. We had a great nights rest last night...we both needed it dearly. It is so awesome to be able to walk just across the street to go visit your two precious babies. I don't know what we do without it.

We would like to send a big thank you to everyone who has called, texted, emailed, visited, blogged, etc...Your thoughts and kindness have meant so much.

Thank you so much to the wonderful TPWD Law Enforcement Division. We have so many calls from fellow Game Wardens across the state to check in on us. We appreciate everyone of them. Thanks again and please continue to follow for more updates.

God Bless You!
Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt

12 comments:

Kristi said...

Precious pictures!!! Thank you for posting them and we look forward to more. I'm thrilled with the progress they are making. Praise God! We will continue praying!

Crystal said...

I love the pictures, they are so precious. It was great to see you yesterday. You both look great. Great news that the hole in Wyatt's heart is getting smaller. Still praying.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Praying for your family.

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

LOVE the pics!!! glad to hear the good updates!!!! still praying!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics----such tiny, precious little things. I'm glad to hear another good update.

Ashley said...

I love the ring picture! They are so tiny!

Stephanie Harbin said...

I love reading your blog. I love that you update it so often with news about the babies. I am praying for you still.

The Road Less Traveled said...

Isn't it amazing how little and strong they are at the same time?!?!? It's always great to hear that they are doing well, and there are no major problems. Prayers go up, and blessings come down!!

aWk said...

God is rewarding your faithfulness!!!!!! I am just amazed at these two little miracles sent from above. These children are so blessed and it's ashame that we don't always pray for each other like this.
Can't wait to see you guys!
<3

hollylindley said...

I'm so glad that Whitley and Wyatt are making such progress. God is GOOD!

Emily said...

So precious! Keep posting those pictures! I'm so glad to hear of Whitley and Wyatt's improvements every day. They truly are adorable!

1cantoo said...

Precious pictures. Brings back many memories. Going back and forth to the NICU can wear you out. Get some rest inbetween. I am so glad that they continue to progress. Praying for you!
Allison

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!