Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bows and Rings!!!

Just for a small little update on our two precious little miracles.

Continue to pray for blessings...they are doing great. Please continue to pray as we still have a long road ahead of us.

Whitley Faith
As of this morning, they are slowly taking her off of the nitric oxide. She was at 10 ppm when we went to see her at 9:30 this morning. They told us that at noon they would try to bump her down a little. Jared and I went back in to see her around 12:30 and she was at 5 ppm. What a blessing. From here, they will take her down 1ppm every 12 hours. This is a dramatic change from when they started her on Friday--she was at 30 ppm. We are still in the critical stage, so please pray for little Whitley. She is truely a fighter and we see it every time we go to visit.

Today was the first time we were able to touch her. I got an amazing surprise when I went back for my second visit of the day. Whitley's nurse handed me a plastic baggie full of precious little bows in all colors. She told me to pick out three. So of course, the first one I picked was PINK. I also picked out a silver and yellow. The nurse let me put the bow on her head with some KY Jelly. It was so sweet and I couldn't hold back the tears. Jared got a few pictures and we will be posting them shortly.

Wyatt Jared
Wyatt is doing awesome. He is so precious. I think that he looks just like Jared.

We were able to take some great pictures this morning. Wyatt's nurse is absolutely awesome. She explained a few things to us in further detail today which helped out greatly. She encouraged Jared to put a reference in his insolette so we could actually see how small he is. Jared took off his wedding band and got a picture of Wyatt holding it with his precious little fingers. We will get this picture posted as soon as we can.

He is not hooked up to as many tubes and things as he was before and for that we are thankful. He is a "squirmer" for sure. He moves constantly. I wish you all could see the way he props his little hand behind his head when he is trying to get comfortable. It is so sweet!

Jared and Teri
We are both doing awesome. I am being discharged today. We are headed back to Balmorhea tonight to stay out our house. We are so blessed to have such great friends during this time. The Tammen's are allowing us to use their travel trailer. Ricky and Jamie are bringing the travel trailer to Odessa tomorrow where we will have help from hospital staff and family to set it up. We will be directly across the street from the hospital where we can visit anytime (and I am sure it will be often).

Thanks again for everything you all do! Many people continue to ask daily--"What can we do to help?" PRAY--that is what we need the most of now.

God bless you all!

Jared, Teri, Whitley, and Wyatt SELF

12 comments:

Emily said...

I am so thankful that each post keeps getting better and better. I love hearing about every single thing. I can't wait to see the picture of beautiful Whitley with a bow and with handsome Wyatt with his daddy's ring. Those must be some precious pictures! We wish we could be there with yall throughout all of this. Just know that we have been praying for yall constantly and still are. We love you Jared, Teri, Whitley, and Wyatt!

Crystal said...

Don't worry about crying about bows, I think I cried at least 10 times a day when my boys were in the NICU. (I'm down to once a day now and they are 3 months old :))Isn't it amazing how instant and strong your love for them is? Can't wait to see the pictures.

aWk said...

You cry putting a bow on Whitley's head and I cry reading each of your blogs! =) They are truly tears of joy, happiness, and thanksgiving. I totally agree with Emily, I enjoy reading each little thing you have to tell us...so please don't stop! I'm so glad to know that you, Teri, are doing so well! What a blessing that is! The prayers will not stop, so do not worry about that one bit! I'm glad to know that you are going home tonight. I hope you get a great nights sleep knowing that those babies are in the best human hands possible right now. Go home...praise God and sleep well! I want to hear your voice!!!!!! <3 you guys!

Meagan Yeates said...

I completely agree with the other comments!!!! I look forward to reading every blog. I have cried happy tears, sad tears, and just because tears....I know that yall are staying in Ricky and Jamie's travel trailer, but if you just need to get away for a night, PLEASE don't forget we are right up the road and you are MORE than welcome to come here and stay or have dinner or WHATEVER you need!!! I will continue to pray and keep up with the blog. All of our love and prayer. Brooks and Meagan

Honey said...

We read about you on Em's blog and just want to let you know your family is in our prayers. Children are truely a gift from God and touch your heart in ways that only children can. The older your kids get the tears continue to come, every bump and every triumph. Their triumphs will be yours and your love will continue to grow. You two are truely blessed and we will continue to pray. Cody, Honey & Kylie Jones (Travis County)

The Road Less Traveled said...

It's great to hear that Whitley is moving down on the nitric oxide. What a little trooper!! It's just as great to hear that Wyatt is trucking right along as well. You know we will continue to stay in touch and lift your little ones up in prayer. Peace and comfort,
Jana

Jackie said...

Congrats to the Self Family....I haven't had a chance to comment since we've been with Derek & Emily all weekend, but Em & I have checked every chance we get to get the updated news and pictures. I am so happy for you both! THe pics are awesome and I can't wait to see more! I know you must be happy being able to walk around and out of that bed. I know those precious babies can feel your touch and Jared's touch so deeply! We have several prayer chains that are continuing day and night to pray for Whitley & Wyatt. We love you and can't wait to see those twins face to face. Jackie

Erica D said...

I also cried reading your blog about your sweet little angels. I am amazed by yours and Jareds strength and faith. I will continue to pray that God continues to make those little ones stronger. If there is anything I can do pleae let me know.
Erica

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear such great updates. I'm sure you're not surprised but the day you had the babies I cried from the moment Jared called on the way to the hospital for the rest of the day....that's right I'm a big baby just like you:)

I have the big hairbows finished---just trying to figure out what you make for boys that Jared will allow your son to wear:) I'm thinking he's going to be against bows and pink for Wyatt.

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

so sweet!!! glad to have found your blog and look forward to keeping up with y'all here!! can't wait to see pictures!!! :)

Gwynie Pie said...

Teri and Jared - I heard about you from Ashley Honea, Emily's sister, here in San Angelo. (Ashley and I go to same church) Just wanted to let you know you are in my prayers....Thanking the Lord for your precious babies, Whitley and Wyatt and praying for them to continue thriving, so that you ALL can be in your own home very soon!! Gwyn Rosser (The Pink Tractor blog)

Farrah Farris said...

Hey Jared and Teri, I didn't even know about all this until I got to work this morning and checked my MySpace...CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH!!! This blog thing is really cool. Now I can keep up with their progress and pass the info along :o) We pray that they get stronger and stronger each day. As always, let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do. Much love to you both and your sweet babies!! ~~~ff

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!