Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another update and Jared Gets Practice

Well. Jared updated my blog and I am forever thankful for that. He has been absolutely amazing during this time and for that I could not be more blessed. He is truly amazing...and I thank God for him everyday.

On to the latest update. Last night was kinda scary. It all started around 4 p.m. I started to have a few cramping pains so my nurse hooked me up to the monitor. To our surprise...I was contracting. The doctor ordered IV to get me hydrated. Evidentally it worked...because the contractions stopped (for the most part).


Around 8 p.m. last night...I started having the pains again. I called my night nurse to ask for some Tylenol. She immediatley came into the room and hooked me up to the monitor. They were having a rather difficult time finding baby B's heartbeat (this kinda gave us a little scare). My doctor just happened to be on second floor doing a procedure and decided to make a little visit for the 2nd time that day. To my surprise...I was again having contractions. They were coming about every 2 minutes. I was feeling a little pain by this point (but not much). My doctor then ordered a shot of Terbutylene to help ease the contractions and it worked. I was able to get a full nights sleep.


This morning...the nurse came again again to hook me up to the monitor. Yet again...a few contractions. The perinatologist made her way over at lunch to visit with me. My OB and her visited and came to a few conclusions. At this point--they will not do anything to stop the labor. WOW!!! Just keep praying for another few weeks.


I haven't felt many contractions the rest of the day---all is at ease for a while.


Now for Jared. Some of our wonderful friends came to spend the afternoon with us and brought their two precious little boys. Yes--twins. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends (and me to have someone who has been through this before.) Thank you Chris and Crystal!!! I would like to share a sweet little picture of Jared feeding one of the precious little ones. Thanks for sharing your two bundles of joy with us...we had an awesome day!!! And thanks for the two boppies too...I know they will come in handy!!!















Teri, Jared, and the Babies

4 comments:

granny f said...

whew! For a second there I thought everything was over and you were surprising us! How come we didn't get a picture of Jared trying to feed both babies at the same time? This is gonna take some practice, isn't it? So thankful things are okay for now. We are praying for a few more weeks, too.
love ya,

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for a couple of more weeks. I see that Jared is rocking the 'stache:) That is a really cute pic of Jared feeding the baby---especially the one with the baby stretching. They really are some cuties.

aWk said...

WOW! For .0001 second when I saw the update on my "dashboard" I thought you had BIG news to share! That's awesome to have close friends with twins...how helpful is that! Have a good night.

Crystal said...

What a cute baby Jared is holding!!! O wait, it's mine! I know you both will make great parents. Next time we will work on Jareds burping skills. :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!