Teri decided to let her socially inept husband give this whole "blogging" thing a whirl, so hang on... here we go. Since Baby A lost her fluid on January 13th, the doctors wanted to get us to week 24 and by the grace of God and prayers from our friends and family we made it. Our next goal was week 28 because that is when the fetal survival rate increases dramatically. Well, as of today we are 27w4d. Almost there. Again, it is by God's grace that we are here and still healthy.
Teri is the unmistakable rock in our relationship, which is evident in the fact she still has her sanity in a time and place where most of us, mainly including me, would have lost it long ago. She understands the needs of the babies and the advice of the doctors. Not only do I have two unborn blessings but I have had one for almost 11 years in Teri. I also found out she keeps a clean house. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that she is going to be the best mom that any set of twins could ask for.
I also have the distinct forsight that Baby A, aka Whitley, is going to have her mom's self-determination and stubborness and I am truly grateful for that. I'll probably pay for it later on in life but that's ok. Baby B, aka Wyatt, seems to have that Self laid-back attitude which offsets that of the latter child. Yes, we have the whole yin and yang thing going on. Another thing Teri and I joke about is calling the babies Alpha and Omega. I'll let y'all figure that one out. On a more serious note Teri and I want to thank everyone for their continued prayers, comments, and calls. When you are on the line with God you might also throw in a good prayer for the doctors and nurses because they're the ones behind the scenes. Thanks again. Hasta.
December Happenings
9 years ago
5 comments:
Jared, so nice to hear from you. I'm glad all is well with you, Teri, and the babies. I have no idea why you would say that Teri is stubborn:)
Are you still rocking the mustache? I haven't seen any pictures of you in a while. I know the agreement had to do with Teri growing her hair out. I'm pretty sure she hasn't been able to get any haircuts lately so I can't wait to see when you give in and shave it off:)
You know I've read a lot of Blogs lately and this is one is at the top.....!!! How sweet you are with your kind words about your wife and your babies! I love hearing from the man's point of view since you all are of little words or so I've heard :) You know Derek will probably give you a hard time. We will pray continually for your family! Jackie
Great to hear from you Jared. Welcome to the blog world. We thought that we had our babies figured out when they were in the womb, the after they arrived, the completely SWITCHED. Hunter was my still and quite one in utero and now he is my high maintenance child. Here's hoping you have two calm ones. See ya tomorrow!!!
AWWWWWWW!! Chad said "Gah, Amanda...you are so emotional!" I couldn't help but cry! What a sweet blog! Now we expect to see more of this from you, Jared since you obviously have talent! You and Teri are a true testament of a strong couple who love each other dearly. Your babies will be so blessed to have both of you as parents. God Bless You & I Love You Both! ...Hugs...Kiss...& Tears!
Okay - so you have a way with words (college paper about an art gallery you'd NEVER seen!). You two have always been good to share the load with each other. Love ya both!
Post a Comment