Friday, March 6, 2009

Twin Pregnancy Compared to Baseball!!!



Yesterday...my doctor compared my pregnancy to a game of baseball. I really enjoyed this analogy and now I want to share it with you!!!

Okay--so the hardest part of the game is getting the hit and making it to first base. Since my water broke at 16.5 weeks--we have been trying to get the hit. We finally got the hit yesterday by making it to 24 weeks! We are now on first base.

With the rounding every of a base--we are getting that much closer to a homerun. We should round second base by 26 weeks!!! Third base comes with 28 weeks. Then the homerun will be awarded as soon as we get passed 28 weeks--hopefully to 34 weeks!!! I loved this analogy and I thought the jersey fit perfect!!!

Just a little update on my night last night...They finally came into the room to hook me up to the monitor at 9:30. They were only supposed to monitor me for 30 minutes. However, by 11:30--I was finally able to turn out the lights to get some rest. It took two hours to get a 30 minute reading on the two because Baby A was being so active and wouldn't settle down to get a 30 minute strip. It was crazy.

Then--after finally getting to sleep--I woke up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom (never ending story) and ended up staying awake until 5 a.m. because I was so nauseated. Jared woke up and come to sit on my bed...we had a good visit. I then woke up at 7 a.m. this morning...I feel a nap coming this afternoon.

Just a little fun update since I am so bored...God Bless!!!

Teri, Jared, and the Babies

7 comments:

granny f said...

Well that's a fun way to look at everything, and I love the jersey.
love ya,

Crystal said...

Sounds like they are preparing you for when the babies get here. I love you, so I will tell you straight...you will never sleep again!!! Love the football analogy. My OB compared breastfeeding to living in a cave...I'll have to tell you sometime. Funny.

Crystal said...

I said football, but meant baseball...see what happens when you don't sleep :)

aWk said...

THAT'S REALLY CUTE....what a creative thinking doctor...I'm sure he's only used this analogy 500 times. BUT HEY...THAT'S A GOOD THING!

Jackie said...

It will be the most memorable HOMERUN in history! Can't wait to see those little ones! Take Care, Jackie

Emily said...

Awww! How sweet! You'll have to get some baby "Twins" jerseys. Wouldn't that be adorable!? Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you and the babies are making the milestones. I can't wait to meet the babies---I'm still hoping for Baby A to be a girl since I don't think Jared will like me sending pink stuff to boys:) I'm praying for you and the homerun---Love You!

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!