Wednesday, March 25, 2009

26 Weeks and 6 Days...

We just keep on counting down the days. The US tech came in this morning to take the measurements of the babies and to see if Baby A had anymore fluid. Baby A did have a little more fluid and we are so thankful for that. Bedrest is definitely working.

As far as the measurements go, both babies are right on track measuring 26 weeks and 6 days. Baby A weighs approximatley 2 pounds and 2 ounces. Baby B weighs approximately 2 pounds and 4 ounces. What a blessing!!! They are so close and growing right together.

After the US, my nurse came in to hook me up for my daily NST. I have to say that these are definitely becoming more uncomfortable as time goes on. Don't get me wrong--we absolutely love to hear the heartbeats everytime. However, it hurts so bad to lay flat on my back for that amount of time. It is only supposed to be like 30 minutes---but it always turns into like 1 hour or 1 hour 30 minutes because it is so hard to keep both babies on the monitor for that long.

My OB came in shortly after my US beaming from ear to ear. He is so excited that we have come this far. It is truly a blessing from God that we have made it 10 weeks since my water broke. God is Amazing and never underestimate HIS power!

Next, my perinatologist came in and was very pleased as well! He wants me to make it to 34 weeks still. He is truly amazed that we have come this far as well! If I am able to make it to 34 weeks--they will give me one more set of steroids shots.

We are so thankful for all the wonderful news and continue to take it day by day with lots of prayer!!! Please continue to lift us up...

OK---now who wants to confess! Haha!!! As you may have noticed...I have a poll open on the side of my blog for you to vote on the sex of the babies. Yes--we think it may be a boy and girl...but they haven't said for sure. 2 people so far have said two boys and I want confessions...

You may be pleased to hear that they have finally confirmed that Baby A is a girl. They were able to do so this morning. Jared finally said I can begin buying pink!!!

Continue to cast your vote---you may think you know better than the US tech and still wish to choose Boy/Boy! That is your decision...it is fun to see what everyone thinks!!!

God bless all of you! We couldn't have made it this far without you all!

Teri, Jared, and the Babies

9 comments:

Emily said...

I knew all along it was a boy and a girl! You are doubly blessed! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Check out this website for the interchangeable bow headbands.

Anonymous said...

It would help if I actually listed the link:

http://www.somethingsweetbowtique.com/category_47/Interchangeable-Headbands.htm

You'll have to cut and paste, sorry. I don't know how to make it link.

Crystal said...

I confess... I was holding out for another boy. That's ok though, I'm sure girls are fun too. I know that you have already picked out the bedding (and had it picked out for some time) but I just saw this and didn't want you to miss out on it.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10201145_750004000_750000000_750004000_750-4-0

Pretty Cute.

Ashley said...

I voted boy/girl. :) I'm just praying it stays that way, only because boys really are so much fun. As you know, I'm from a family of all girls and there is so much drama with girls. Boys are so easy. Really. They are. And since you're having TWO at THE SAME TIME I pray that one is a boy. :) Hehe:)

And just out of curiousity, what is a US Tech?

Ashley said...

One more thing...now that you know you're having a girl you need to visit this website: http://reesestees.blogspot.com/

She's a friend of mine and makes the CUTEST things!!! There are a few onesie things for boys, but mostly for girls! :)

granny f said...

I voted b/b when Jared took the first poll, but after seeing one of the sonograms, I voted b/g on the blog.
And - I have a question for you. Just exactly WHERE do you plan to do all the shopping for pink stuff - the hospital gift shop? I think your a bit limited, aren't you?
We're thankful things are going so well. God is so good...

Jackie said...

YEAH!!!!! I can't wait to meet Ms. Self & Mr. Self. I voted boy/girl because of what you had indicated they were thinking. Blessings from above! We can only hope that Mr. self can handle a mustache like his Daddy! Take Care, Jackie

aWk said...

For sure 1 boy and 1 girl! I can't wait to meet these babies. Do they know how popular and loved they are!?!?

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!