Monday, March 30, 2009

Another Week Down-Small Update

One thing I did not mention was the fact that Teri had some "issues" Friday night. As you can tell I am not going to go into detail, but I can tell you that the doctor and nurses said everything was fine. Skip to 5:45 am today. Same "issues" but maybe a little more of them, so now we are both getting nervous. Yet again, doc says not to worry about it so we try not to. Teri starts to cramp a little so the nurse decides to put her on the NST machine that measures the babies' heartrates and also contractions. The contraction part of this contraption says that Teri's uterus is irritated so the doc decided to put her on an IV to see if rehydrating helps with the irritated uterus and the other issues. I did find, however, that if a woman is hooked up to the contraction contraption and you make her laugh the line jumps like someone being defibrulated. Yes, Teri had a couple of spikes on the paper. What was I supposed to do?

5 comments:

granny f said...

'contraction contraption'? It's a whole new vocabulary now, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

If they say don't worry, try not to worry. I know Courtney had contractions for about 5 months during her first pregnancy. She took some medication that helped with that and made it all the way. I realize that you are a higher risk pregnancy but if they believe things are fine then I'm sure that they're fine. I will continue to pray for ya'll and that the new issues truly are nothing to be concerned about.

By the way, I like you twins ticker. It's so cute with two peas in a pod:) I love and miss you.

aWk said...

Thanks for the update! I'm trying to stay updated through phone conversations, texts or blogs daily on these "issues". I understand your fear and now that I too would be worried. However, accept the worry...and throw it out that hospital window!!!!! God is bigger! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Crystal said...

It was great to see you today. Keep your chin up, you are doing a great job. BTW, who voted for 2 girls on your poll? Many prayers are coming your way.

Teri and Jared said...

Still waiting for a confession on the two girls....haha!!! Has Chris figured out the blankets yet?

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!