Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Know It Has Taken Forever....


Wyatt trying to eat his hand during his bath.



My beautiful baby girl!



Another cute pic of Miss Whit right after being DC'd from her oxygen!



Proud mom and dad!!!



Wyatt sleeping in our bed.


Believe it or not...I have tried to make two posts since the last time I made a big post! Both times...something went wrong and it turned out with NO post! So sit back, read and enjoy this one.



Whitley Faith has had her ups and downs this past week! She has been on hardly anything as far as her oxygen goes. Just when we think she is fixing to come off completely, something else happens. She was taken off completely last week...just to be put right back on after about 45 minutes. She has been on room air for the past couple of days...then last night she was put back on at 23%. We know the NICU staff knows completely what they are doing, but it just seems that all the nurses are not always on the same page. After several days of frustration being couped up inside of me...I made it a point to visit with the nurse practitioner about Miss Whit!

Good news....she is off the nasal cannual again! She is doing great and seems to be tolerating it fairly well. She is eating every 3 hours from the bottle. She was suppose to be eating 50 cc's. This is a big bump from a few days ago. I don't think she is quite hungry enough to take that amount...and it is showing. She isn't doing to well with the bottle feeding and we are having to work really hard to get 50 cc's down her. So after more frustration...I talked with the nurse practioner again. We have decided to bump her back down to 45 cc's every 3 hours. As long as she continues to gain weight...we are OK! Then maybe in a couple of days, she will be ready to try the 50 cc's again. I am determined to get my baby girl out of the NICU really soon. We have been here long enough and these 4 walls are closing in on me! We seemed to be waiting on Miss Whit to come off the oxygen to take her home. Well now she is off the oxygen, so we are waiting on her to take her bottles fairly well! Shouldn't be that much longer. Pray that she is able to stay off the oxygen!



On to our little Wyatt! He is doing amazing. He is sleeping through the night for the most part...only waking up to eat between every 3 to 4 hours. He loves to take a bath in the sink and let the warm water run over him. He is such a sweet snuggler. I love to give him a bath, wrap him up, and cuddle with him.



It is really hard on Jared not being here. He wants to be here with Wyatt and visit Miss Whit. But for now, he is still in B-town working. Once Miss Whit gets ready to come home, he will be taking off for a few weeks to stay home with us.



God Bless Everyone!



Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I was starting to think that you had forgotten about us. I just told Chris this morning that we haven't heard from you. Glad to hear that everything is going good. We will be praying for little Miss Whit.

Jackie said...

It will not be long now.....Hang in there Teri!

Courtney said...

Such beautiful babies! We'll be praying for Miss Whit. I can only imagine how anxious you are to get the whole family home!

Emily said...

We have been praying and will continue praying for both Whitley and Wyatt. I pray that she handles being off the oxygen well and that she will do super with the bottle feedings. Wyatt is such a handsome boy and looks just precious! Whitley is such a beautiful little girl and looks adorable!
Hopefully the next blog will be the "We're Going Home" post!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!! Glad to hear everything is going well...I have been worried about you and the babies. They're getting bigger and cuter everyday!

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!