Okay--with the horrible flu going around...I am trying to be really careful and not take anything home to my sweet babies. I find myself using hand sanitizer numerous times a day. I even try to change my top when I get home so I don't spread anything I might have on my clothes. However, last week--I had an earache two nights....YUCK!
Well, over the weekend...Wyatt started to run a fever. He was very irritable, would not sleep, and started coughing a nasty cough. So--needless to say....I was nervous. It was the weekend and I didnt' want to take him into the ER where all the sick people were...so we waited it out at home. He stayed off his apnea monitor most of the day and just wanted to be held. He wasn't even eating that much...I was really beginning to get nervous.
On Sunday night...the only time he slept was in his bouncer as long as we were bouncing it. Mom and Dad didn't get much rest that night either.
Monday morning...we took him in to the doctor. It was a long day in Odessa! The doctor ordered labs for him....we had to go to the hosptital for that! Yuck---more germs!!! Then went back to the pedi's office! We should know more today when the lab results come back....
They doc gave him a shot of Rocephin and ordered breathing treatments for him. We were given a Nebulizer to use at home with enough meds to treat both babies just in case Whit decides to get the same thing. As of right now---she hasn't caught it...Praise God!!!
We are all good now though...Wyatt seems to be eating more, not running a fever, and his cough is even better!!! YEAH!!!
We did do a weight check on Miss Whit while at the pedi's office! Are you ready???? She gained 6.5 ounces in 5 days. She is 8 pounds 11 ounces. She has really been doing well with her bottle and we are so pleased. She is almost at 3 ounces each feeding. We don't want to increase it to much becuase then she spits up....gradually works best!!!
We head to Odessa on Thursday then Dallas on Friday! I will keep you posted!
TERI, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt
December Happenings
9 years ago
3 comments:
I hope Wyatt doesn't have bad memories of our house since that's where he was! I hope he gets to feeling better and everybody stays healthy! We love yall and will be praying for your trip this weekend!
Glad he is feeling better and we will pray that Whit doesn't catch it. Last time Heath was sick, Hunter didn't catch it. Right now they both have runny noses and a cough. It's not fun having sick babies. Hope you have a good trip.
That is scary. Just try to stay indoors this winter and don't take them to the grocery store or church or anything. And don't get offended if somebody's ugly to you because you ask them nicely to please not touch them. You are their mama and you have to right to choose who touches them and who holds them. Germs are bad news, especially for preemies, so be a soldier about it!
Post a Comment