Bath time at the Self House!
Wyatt trying sweet potatoes for the first time!
Aren't our bottoms cute?
Looking over Daddys shoulder!
Hanging out with Daddy on the floor!!!
Isn't God Good!!! As many of you know...me and Miss Whit made a our trip to Dallas this past Friday for an eval with Cranial Tech for her Doc Band. The appointment went good. We have one week off before we actually begin our weekly trips to Dallas. We go back October 2 to have the DSI done so her band can be made. Then the following week--October 9--we will be going back to actually get the band. The plans are to have her in it for 4-6 weeks. The lady at Cranial Tech that actually saw Miss Whit said that she expected her little head to be a whole lot worse with all she has been through.
Okay--now for the title of this blog. GOD IS GOOD!!! I have to admit that I was a little scared as me and Miss Whit began this journey. Traveling with an infant can't be easy and then taking on the task of dealing with a DOC Band too! Friday morning, we made it to the airport early so we would have plenty of time to make it through security and not be rushed. While sitting in the airport...I started thinking about the remaining trips and how I was going to do this by myself. Out of the blue, the sweetest mom walked up with her little boy. Guess what....he was wearing a Doc Band! I knew exactly where she was going before even talking to her and that is where our small talk began. This is what we have in common!!!
- Wyatt/Jack Wyatt
- April 3/April 6
- Dr. Bello for pediatrician
- Dr. Livley for OB
- weekly trips too and from Dallas...using the same going and return flight
- Her little one should be getting out of the Doc Band around the same time as Miss Whit so we shouldn't have to make too many trips alone!!!
Isn't this crazy. We exchanged phone numbers, email addresses, blogsites, etc...and have talked several times through email since our Friday flight. God is good! We know that she was placed in that airport on Friday for a reason. We look forward to spending time with her and Jack in the next couple of weeks!
I would like to send a great big THANK you out to Chelsea for picking us up on Friday and driving us around Dallas! You know I could not have done it without you....thank you! Chelsea will be helping me decorate Miss Whit's Doc Band. We have some ideas on what we want but won't be sharing them...guess that you will have to check back to see the final product. I say Chelsea will be helping me...yeah right! She will probably be doing it....she is much more creative than I am!!! Thanks Chelsea!!!
Well! Enjoy the pics and check back for another update shortly!
TERI, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt
7 comments:
WOW...you are right...GOD IS GOOD!!!!! That is a divine appointment from God that you two met! HOW AMAZING! I hope you feel the Lord's presence because it's obvious that he's surrounding you with His loving arms! I LOVE IT!
Those little baby bottoms are too cut:) I can't wait to have the whole Self family in Dallas...it will be my pleasure to torture Jared in the city:)
BTW, I am loving the cups as censoring material.
Loving the cups, indeed. That's too funny!
And, yes, God has a way of putting the right people in our path at just the right time. Amazing grace!
What a great story!! How big are the kiddos these days? What prompted them to have you see a cranial doc? You know I'm always wondering since I have two preemies of my own. Good to see pictures of your sweet family.
Jana
Terri,
What a tremendous blessing!!! Didn't it just feel like God was wrapping his arms around you and saying, "Don't worry, baby, I'll take care of you!!!"? I love those times. Remember this always!
I was wondering how the trip went. Glad it went well. Did Wyatt like the sweet potatoes? Whitley looks like she is catching up with Wyatt!
They are growing like weeds!! I love the pictures and so happy to hear that you have someone that can relate. Miss y'all!!
Post a Comment