Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mule Deer Season!!!




So--being a game wardens wife during this part of the year isn't always to fun! Lonely nights sitting around watching TV while your wonderful husband is out making his lovely rounds! But how can we complain--that is what we were put here to do and I know he loves his job very much! He wouldn't change it for anything!!!




Last Thursday--Jared came in for a couple of hours to take a break! I took a nap--then when I woke up, we put the tree together (may I add that it is camo with deer antlers in it)! So after decorating the wonderful tree, Jared asked if I wanted to go make a round to look for a deer!




As many of you know--I live for deer season! I really didn't think that I was going to get one this year with my condition! O well! It worked and here is a pic! I am getting it mounted! We took it to the taxidermist on Friday and we already got the meat the back yesterday! Quick turnaround! It is nice to have a freezer full of meat that we didn't even have to cut up!!! YEAH!!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun, I am so jeolious!!!! That is going to be a awsome mount...Congrads :)

Emily said...

Nice one!! I wish I could go hunting again!!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
We are currently living in West Texas. We are loving every minute of our time together out here--however, we look forward to moving closer to family soon!