
Holding back the hands while we sing "Happy Birthday!"

Pondering life after 1!

Look at my teeth!

Whitley's cake after diggin in!

Wyatt's cake after digginin!

Yummm!

Yumm!
Yeah...I'm ONE!!!
The twins first birthday bash was a success and super fun! We want to thank everyone for all of the sweet cards, gifts, comments, thoughts, and prayers. We have truly been blessed. Thank you!!!
We had lots of family and friends attend the birthday bash at the state park. It all started around 2 in the afternoon. We had a big brisket dinner with all the trimmings. I think everyone enjoyed themselves because there wasn't too much left afterwards (less for us to clean up). We enjoyed everyones company before showing a slideshow of the twins from birth to now. It was neat for everyone to see how far our little miracles have come. It was hard for some to see....but everyone managed to make it through (some with not so dry eyes!) After the video, we let the babies dig into their personal cakes. Wyatt loved it....Whitley however didn't know what to think. I think she was a little overwhelmed with so many people being there...but she dig into her cake a little. Miss Bridget (their babysitter) came to the celebration. We were so happy to have her family their with us. She loves the babies and the babies love her as well! Miss Whitley was so upset (I think more tired than anything) so Bridget just took over her. I didn't mean for her to babysit at the kids birthday party....but she loved every minute of loving on the babies. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful person caring for our kids.
After eating cake and taking a bath in the sink, we sat down to open up presents. The babies got so many fun things. We won't have to buy clothes for a long time...thank you to all!!!
Family was able to stay with us Saturday night and we all went to church on Sunday for Easter. I think we doubled the congregation that day (haha)!!! We then came back to the SP to eat Easter lunch before everyone headed out.
However, family ended up staying even later due to a tragic accident at the lake. Jared and his dad were busy all day Sunday....and they were not able to leave town until around 5! I am just so thankful that Jared has his dad here to help him through the day.
On Monday, I took the babies to Odessa for one year shots. They did very well! My mom had to go with me because Jared had to stay to finish cleanup at the lake. I really wanted him to go but know he needed to stay. Thank to my mom for helping us out! I couldn't have done it without them.
Here are some stats:
Wyatt weighs 18 pounds even and is in 12 month clothes. Whitley weighs 15 pounds 7 ounces and is in 9 month clothes. Both babies are in size 3 diapers. They do not like baby food...they would rather eat what is on our plate. They love scrambled eggs for breakfast. They have been approved by the pediatrician to be put on whole milk....but I am waiting a couple of weeks for that since I don't want to make a trip to Austin on milk (formula will be so much easier)!!! Wyatt has four teeth and Miss Whit only has two. They are both army crawling...sometimes really crawling....they can get anywhere they want to go!!! Whitley can sit up really well on her own....Wyatt can too but his butt is a little to round for him to stay up too long!!! They love CHESTERS PUFFERCORN!!!! It is the most amazing snack ever.....and it puts fat on them!!!
I guess that is is for now...I might post more pictures later.....


2 comments:
It was a great party, and everything was so good, too. Brisket, cake and homemade ice cream, and lots of sweet, slobbery sugars from the 'Dubs'. A great day with family and friends. Blessings, blessings, blessings...
Hold on to your hat...I can tell they are both about to take off. Get your running shoes ready. Sorry we didn't make the party, and I can't wait to see you this next weekend!
Post a Comment