Wyatt enjoying time with his sister!
Miss Whitley eating her favorite baby food (buttered squash and harvest apples....ymmmm...)!
Are you done taking picture of me like this!
Playing with her balloon!!!
This has been one of the longest weeks...so it seems. Me and Jared have reverted back to the NICU lingo. It all started on Sunday night. Miss Whitley began to run a low grade fever...99.2! No big deal right....especially since she was beginning to cut a tooth (and by the way it is in now)! Monday wasn't that bad. The kids stayed home with dad and neither one of them had any problems.
Monday night.....Whitley ran a fever all night and did not want to sleep. So I ended up staying home with her on Tuesday. I sent Wyatt to the sitter so me and Whit could get some rest. Miss Whit did well all day. She didn't run a fever hardly at all...and she rested well! My parents came in on Tuesay around 4. They were happy to see both babies. Miss Whitley seemed to be feeling great. She was playing by herself and jumping like crazy in the jumper. Then around 6:30 she began running another fever. Tuesday night was yet again not another good night!!!
Wednesday morning...I ended up going to school! I only stayed through half of second period before I left. I had called the pediatricians office and they wanted me there before 11:30 since they would not be open in the afternoon. My mom went with me to the doctors visit. We finally got seen around 1:30. She was diagnosed with two ear infections and a bad cold. She was prescribed an antiobiotic. I made sure to tell the pedi what all seemed to be wrong. She wasn't that concerned and sent us home.
Me and my mom left the doctors office and went straight to the pharmacy to get her prescription. We then left Odessa to head back home. We stopped in Monahans (35miles away) to get gas. Miss Whit has spiked yet another fever (101). I paged the pedi back and told her the deal. Also....Miss Whit had only eaten like 6 ounces of milk all day and it was now 3 o'clock!!! The doctor told me that if she was still running a fever in the morning they would put her in the hospital to control the fever. I got home around 4:30. Me and Jared gave the kiddos a bath. Miss Whitley was absolutely miserable. She was moaning and still not eating. So we took her temperature....102. We immediately called the pedi back. We were given orders to come back to Odessa and she would be admitted to control the fever and help get her rehydrated.
So....Miss Whit has been here since Wednesday night. They did Xrays, labs, and who knows what else!!!! She does not have RSV...thank goodness! She has a partially collapsed lung due to the cold and all the nasty gunk. She was placed on antibiotics and IV fluids....
Today is Sunday....Sunday evening to be exact. She is doing much better. Her lungs sound much better. But she is still not eating that well. The doctor told us that we may get to go home tommorrow!!! I sure hope this is true....we are ready to get back into our own beds and our own environment.
I just realized I haven't talked about Wyatt his whole time.....he has been an angel for whoever is taking care of him. He was with my parents until yesterday morning. Jared's parents came up yesterday morning to watch him and still have him. They actually snuck him up to Whitley's room this afternoon. I think they enjoyed seeing each other again.....Whitley actually ate some baby food while her brother was around......that may just be coincidence....but I think it was pretty cool!!!!
God Bless!!!
Teri, Jared, Whitley, and Wyatt Self
1 comment:
Oh my goodness. What an ordeal to go through. We hope she is better and home soon. God bless you all!
Jana
Post a Comment